Today is a day where I feel that the walls are slowly collapsing all around me. The world around me seems to keep on going at warp speed while my pace is as slow as a turtle. The important thing is that I am still moving. I continue to walk through this season.
Where are you at today? Where is your focus?
I want to encourage you to not look at other people’s paces. I want you to focus on where God is taking you, one step at a time. It is okay to live step by step if you are focused on your perfect guide. What is important is that you continue and walk through, not giving up as the rocks around you begin to crumble. It is easy to get distracted, when it seems like your world is falling apart. This growing process never seems to be quiet or easy. It’s is messy and strenuous. But what if you needed those rocks that seemed to be destroying your world to crumble to make a path over the river that you didn’t know was ahead? Trust your perfect guide.
I don’t have the answers and God has not answered my ‘why’ question. What he has shown me and taught me is that I only see the here and now, while he knows the whole story of redemption. So, today I choose to say, thy will be done. God then reminds me yet again that he is with me as my perfect guide.
We may not ever know all the answers, but I do know that all we need is found in HIM.
May we both not lean on what we feel or even see, but trust in the one that see’s the big picture. The one who is pure love and is working everything out for our good. May we lay down our doubts and fear and run to our refuge during this storm and rely upon his guidance to carry us through.
Scripture To Meditate On:
- Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. –Psalm 23:4 NLT
- And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. -Colossians 2:6-7 NLT
- Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. -Psalm 61:1-2 NKJV
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. -Isaiah 43:2 NKJV
- Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. -Colossians 3:2 NKJV